Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Penny for Your Thoughts?

I am not exactly sure why I am essentially speechless right now. Maybe it's because I have so many thoughts running through my head about children, religion, life and lifestyle choices in general. One thought that has come across my mind is why do people choose to a certain lifestyle or beliefs. What makes a person choose a certain religion over another or a certain way of child rearing? For example, during a night out with a few friends and we touched on the subject of stay at home moms. And by touched I mean punched square in the face. (Apparently the ideal of a stay at home mom is quite controversial.) A friend and I feel like mothers should stay at home with their children and partake firsthand in raising them, while another friend felt strongly against this idea. Stating that children AND stay at home moms are another large expense to add on the list of adulthood. Now this turned into quite a large argument which ended in a delicious midnight meal at Harbor House. But anyway, my point is, what makes me and my friend know we are right and what makes the other friend adamantly oppose? Is it our surroundings that make us choose a certain way to live? Or is it simply our life experiences? Whatever it is it has been making me think, and possibly over think, about the life ahead of me and what is going to shape my decisions on how I, or we rather, raise our family, live our lives and stick with a certain set of beliefs.

Just a thought, more like a compilation of thoughts, that have been weighing heavily on my lately. Maybe all these questions are apart of discovery of what God has in store for me and my life. Whatever it is I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments: