Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another Blog About the Love of My Life

TJ called me this morning and it was absolutely fabulous. I wasn't expecting a call for a while because I was informed that their satellite phone was broken. We mostly talked about how excited he is to come home ad for us to each other, hang out and go on adventures like we used to. Also about how excited he is to sleep in a real bed and take a real shower and eat some real, homecooked grub!

After the call this morning (and after I went to bed, woke up and studied) I wanted to do another bloggidy blog about us. So I found this little survey and I thought it would be a fun little doo-dad about us.


 

(This is one of my favorite pictures of us. In July, 2009, we went on a massive family reunion road trip, needless to say we have a TON of memories from this trip. Here we are infront of Mt. Saint Helens in Washington.)





What are your middle names? Jissel and John. Contrary to popular belief, we didn't plan the J's.
How long have you been together? Just shy of 1 year.
How long did you know each other before you started dating? 1 week or so, well, more like 3 days.
Who asked who out? Well, we actually had no choice. My friend Courtney went to go pick up her friend Austin when he visited California (he is also Troy's best friend in the whole world).  So Courtney asked me If I wanted to come with her to the airport and I was not working that day so I tagged along. That's where I met TJ (I actually kinda met him once before at a party, but I don't count that. It's an embarrassing story that maybe one day I will muster up the courage to tell). Subsequently, the next week turned into one perpetual week long, absolutely perfect, double date. =]
Whose siblings do you see the most? Well I live with my sister, so I win this one
Do you have any children? No, but lots of babies are in our imminent future.
What about pets? Ew, I have never really understood the point of pets. But I would enjoy having a cat one day
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Deployment sucks on both ends for sure
Did you go to the same school? Negative.
Are you from the same home town? Nope, He is from Utah and I have lived my whole life in the good 'ole Orange County
Who is the smartest? I think he is smarter than I in many different areas, but I am definitely a better writer.
Who is the most sensitive? Me! EVERYTHING makes me cry. Once we were in the car and I started crying because I was having a less than desirable day. After a few minutes of comforting I started to cry again and all TJ could say was "Are you really crying again?" That's like every other day for me. TJ has seen me cry hundreds of times. I've seen him cry twice. 
Where do you eat out most as a couple? Taco Bell. Don't laugh haha, it's his fav.
Who is the neat-freak? Definitely me, he just drops things anywhere and I pick them up, haha, but it works for us.
Who hogs the bed? Since TJ is quite bigger than I, naturally he takes up more room. He also has this really bad habit of rolling over my face when we sleep. It's weird, don't ask haha.
Who wakes up earlier?Sheesh, close my blinds and let me sleep till noon, thanks!
Where was your first date? Our first date was a week long adventure where we did everything from San Diego up to LA. It was beyond perfect in every possible way.
Who has the bigger family? He has 4 brothers and sisters. I have 1. But our extended families are equally as huge.
How did you spend the holidays? With him being gone I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family and New Years with his in Utah. TJ and I shared the holiday joy via e-mail and satellite phones.
How long did it take to get serious? 96 hours.... =]
Who eats more? TJ is a bottomless pit, he also works out all the time, so that may have something to do with it.
Who does/did the laundry? MEEE! Call me crazy but I actually enjoy doing laundry and I have been doing his from the moment we met. BUT TJ did do his laundry the night before he deployed. I was so proud.
Who drives when you are together? I hate driving, especially in places I don't know very well. So I would say 75% of the time he drives.

This was fun! It definately isn't everything about us but it sure does sum us up pretty well. I'm counting down the days untill he comes home!

Much Love,
Delainey

No comments: