Monday, May 14, 2012

The 12 Tribes of Israel Can Make a Mean Sandwich!

First, Thank you to all the lovely new followers! I am so excited you want to share my adventures with me!

On Friday this lovely lady...


The best momma ever! Came to visit me. 
We went and did some shopping at the new Exchange
Hit up the Commissary
Then hit up the Yellow Deli for lunch

I wish they had locations everywhere because it is so AMAZING!
If you live near these places:

Chattanooga, TN
Vista, CA
Valley Center, CA
Boulder, CO
Ruthland, VT
Island Pond, VT 
Oneonta, NY
Oak Hill, NY
Chilliwack, B.C (Canada)

You NEED to eat here
1. It is super cute!
 (from yellowdeli.com)

2. Their food is DELISH
(look at this yummy menu! 
and most of their food is grown on their commune/ made at the restaurant)


and 3. The people who run it are amazing and super friendly.
 Basically, the people that work and run the Yellow Deli are members of the 12 Tribes of Israel a "spiritual nation made up of families and single people who have come together from all walks of life"
They all live together, work together and worship together. They live as a community, sharing everything from homes to finances. The 12 Tribes believe there should be no distinction of wealthy or poor so they share everything!
Some may call this a cult (I could never imagine living with 20 others, sharing my income and not wearing makeup--seriously, that's a scary sight) but I don't think they are...
They are an amazing group of people. So nice and warm, and completely genuine. When you enter the doors of the Deli you can feel such a welcoming spirit.

AND

They can make a mean sandwich! 
 And that's what is important right? The food?! 
Of course!
 I intend on going back and trying everything on the menu
If I planned out today better I would have gone while my hubby is at a going away dinner in the area

I am bummed I did not learn of this place sooner since we are moving in 2 weeks
I guess this just means I'll have to go every day until we move!

No comments: