Saturday, July 16, 2011

VERTICAL LICENSE?!

Okay, now it is time for a rant. But first, I must say I have never seen the DMV work so efficiently! I went in on Monday to change my name and today, Saturday, I got my new license in the mail. Impressive! Anyway... that is what I am going to rant about. My new license. It looks like this...


 Its Vertical! What the heck, when did California start doing this? I guess now for minors (under 21) you get a vertical license then when you turn 21, they flip is horizontal. I have 2 problems with this, one, since I began driving (a mere four years ago) I had a horizontal license. SEEEEE....
It has become near and dear to my heart. And I have become used to it...Now this new license is really throwing me off. It doesn't even fit in my wallet properly! The second problem I have is that my 21st birthday is in 2 months!! Couldn't they just have given me a horizontal license for good measure? But nooooo, I'll have to renew again in 2 months so I can get my beautiful horizontal license back!

But I digress....

Thanks for letting me rant!


Photobucket

2 comments:

The Whity Wife said...

I had to go through the same thing! I renewed 1 day before my 21st birthday... just like they asked me too- I could not go in on my birthday because I was working. They gave the the stinkin' vertical!! it was 24 hours untill I was 21!! They said If I wished I could come back and get a new one (for a fee)- But I was moving and getting married soon anyways- so I just left it. I did get some odd looks when I went to bars though! Come to think of it- I had that dumb thing for 9 months! I can be so cheap!

Anonymous said...

Texas does that. Its a BIG DEAL for us when we get to get a horizontal license lol.