Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh In- Week 1

So here is the deal. I have been pretty bummed lately about my weight. Ever since I started working in an office and completely nixing exercising altogether I have become a tubby bucket of lard. Just as a reference, until about 6 months ago I was right around 115 (being a mere 5'2 that's pretty decent, I was happy with it). The last time I went to the doctor about a month ago I weighed in at, wait for it, 128 (my ta-tas are definitely loving the weight gain though)! I new I had gained weight because NONE of my jeans fit and my boobs no longer fit in my bras, but to see it on a scale really bummed me out. Now I finally have the time and opportunity to do something about it.

So I am on a mission. To drop the pounds and loose some inches. Since I do not own a scale I cannot track the pounds (and maybe it is better this way anyway. Obsessing over pounds is not healthy) but I definitely bought a fabric tape measure to track my progress.  

AND since I like food way too much to restrict myself from anything I am starting a weekly exercise regiment. Since on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I do not carpool (so I leave my house  later) I will be waking up at 5am and working out for an hour (thank goodness you can stream workout videos on Netflix and that we moved the TV to the living room). Then on Saturday OR Sunday OR maybe even both days ( I like giving myself the choice) I will work out in my community fitness center.

Every week I will do a weekly weigh in to track my progress(even though it is technically not a weigh in). I feel that if I commit to a weekly weigh in on my blog I will commit to my work out regiment. Hopefully the inches will flyyy!

Here is week 1's measurements (cringe):

Bust:         35.5in
Waist:       27.25"
Hips:      37" (junk in the trunk much??)
Knee:     14.25" (don't ask me why, I have no clue why I need to measure the knee)
Calf:          13"
Bicep:       10"
Forearm:  7.5" 
BMI:         23.48 (this will only be tracked at the very end since I do not own a scale)

(eventually I will figure out how to put it all in a pretty table)

Lets see how it goes!!


XOXOXO

No comments: