Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Depressed?

I seriously do not know what is wrong with me. I am generally pretty happy but lately I have been having these sporadic bouts of extreme sadness. At first I thought it was because I was having a hard time adjusting to "married life" (T and I living together, sharing household duties, commuting to work & going to school) but I have gotten used to that and it's been pretty good. But I still have days where I am sad that I am alone and sad when I am with people.  I have days where I dread going to work, and dread going home. I have days where I cry myself to sleep and wake up the next morning feeling the same as the night before.

I don't know what it is. I am starting to think I am depressed but I am hesitant to believe that because my sister has dealt with depression and her episodes were much more manic and extreme than mine (she is doing much better now, she is amazing and I am in awe of all her strength given the cards she was dealt).
Part of me also thinks with my recent bouts of sadness is because of my revolving door of birth control pills (and by revolving door I mean 3 different contraceptives, 2 different pills and the patch). Maybe because I have been switching everything around lately my hormones are all out of wack.

Whatever it is I am hoping to get an answer. If it doesn't subside I think I'll talk to my doctor soon.

4 comments:

Gris said...

I would maybe say it's the BC. You should really check out what BC works best for you. The pill or the patch. If you want the pill, you will have to get a a pill with lower progestin potentcy.


I hope you feel better. Sending you lots of hugs.

Mrs. Monkey said...

So sorry you're feeling like this.
I would say that if you're feeling like this constantly you should at least go get screened for depression.

But, I can tell you that I got depressed on birth control. I thought it was just me, but I noticed that it was always worse towards the end of the pack and I always felt a little better after being on the placebo week. (Birth control also made me a raving bitch! haha) Finally I gave up and got a non-hormone IUD. Problem solved immediately!!! Now, I'm usually fine most of the time, though I get sad easily when I'm PMSing. But, it always goes away after those two weeks.

Good luck. Do what you think is healthy. Take care of yourself. If not for you, for him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling so depressed. Personally, I think it might be the BC. That can definitely mess with your hormones if you are taking more than one and not being regular with them. If it doesn't go away, then definitely see a doc. I hope you feel better soon.

Brittney said...

Feel better soon love!!!