Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Reflections

 Before I met T, I didn't really have an opinion about the military and war in general. But ever since he has entered my life I have truly realized how much gratitude I owe ANYONE and EVERYONE who has served this country in times of peril and great need. If it weren't for their sacrifice, I would not have the opportunities that I do today. This Memorial Day I have had the time to reflect on the sacrifice that every fallen Sailor, Solider, Airman and Marine has made, essentially, for me. Without them I would not be able to live my life, day to day, (for the most part) worry free. Not only do I DEEPLY thank all the men and women who lost their lives in defense of our wonderful nation, I thought about the sacrifices family members make as well. The young wife and mother that loses her husband in combat. The mother that loses daughter in the fight for freedom. The sister that loses her beloved brother on the front lines. I thank you too. I thank those men and women who stay strong when war has claimed the lives of one, or more, of their family.  


"I thank God for my life
For the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
And the ones that gave their lives
So we don’t have to sacrifice
All the things we love"
~Zac Brown Band

2 comments: