Monday, February 15, 2010

A Very Special Valentine's Day

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible -- it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could." ~~ Barbara De Angelis

Ahhh, So as Valentine's Day has come and gone I have come to find being so far away from the one you love makes you truly appreciate EVERYTHING they do. No card, flower arrangement or box of chocolate, even if it is Godiva, can convey love like the memories of every smile, touch, tear and loving gesture. With TJ gone I had the chance to reflect on all the times we have had together, especially when we first met. I am so grateful we both decided to take that leap of faith. (For some background, when we first met I thought he was incredibly cute but I was sure I wasn't his type at all and TJ thought I was way out of his league. ALAS! we both took the chance and here we are almost a year later!)But, I did get one amazing gift, a phone call. I was about two minutes long, he said; "Happy Valentine's Day, know I love you. I can't talk for long, if you watch the news you will know why." Although the phone call was a somber reminder of what he going through overseas. Overall, I must say, yesterday was, by far, the greatest and most meaningful Valentine's Day to date. Who would have ever known that 4 small words could mean so much;

"Know I love you."


I could not ask for anything more.

1 comment:

HellcatBetty said...

This made me smile and cry at the same time because I feel the same way :)