Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Act of Valor

So this weekend I went and saw Act of Valor with my husband and two of his friends. Now, before I go any further with this post let me put up a little disclaimer. This post is not meant to offend anyone. It is just my own options that do not reflect anyone else.

Okay anyway. So I guess as I MilSpouse I should be all Hooyah about Act of Valor, but I hated just about every second of the movie. It was pretty terrible, and a part of me wishes it was a fantastic movie, but for me, and my husband, it wasn't. The acting was terrible. I understand it was real Navy Seals, but I think that was a poor choice. It also made me pretty nauseous. The way it was filmed was a headache and a half. I could go on and on about why I hated the movie, but I wont...

I do want to say though, that it is awesome, even though the movie was terrible, that this movie depicts what real freedom fighters do. Because let's be serious, my husband works in a clinic all day, he is not kicking terrorist behind to keep us safe. The special forces are actively putting themselves in harms way to protect us. And for that I am grateful.

No comments: