Thursday, February 2, 2012

1 Year Down!

Remember this post last year? Well, here is what that secret was all about.

A year and 11 days ago today T and I eloped. We were getting married in June so his best friend could be there but we did not want to wait that long! So we eloped. We went to the Town Green by my parents house and got married in a gazebo by my Dad (who is an ordained minister, apparently with the internet and 10 minutes of time is pretty easy to do) and a few family and friends. From everyone else we decided to keep it a secret so they could all come to our June wedding. As our "real" anniversary, January 22, came up this year, it was amazing to 1. tell people that we have actually been married since January, and 2. reminisce on the year we've had. And boy, has it been an amazing one.










1 year down, 99 more to go! (yes, T and I plan on living until we are 120 & 121. You just wait and see!)

LOVEEEEEE


6 comments:

Brittany Sommer said...

I love this post! Why did you guys decide to keep it a secret? My husband and I were married by the mayor of my home town but we invited only immediate family to the wedding and only aunts, uncles and close friends to the little party afterward and told them not to bring gifts because we were having a big wedding too :)

Shellsea said...

I absolutely love this post. I think it's incredibly romantic. I think that would have been the way to go and take all the stress off the big day.

henning love said...

happy anniversary!! wow your man is tall. beautiful family you have

Anonymous said...

my best friend did this :) she eloped last june and her real wedding is in may. funny thing is only her immediate family and I know (and my family), but she refers her husband as "husband" instead of fiancee on facebook sooo the secret's kind of out now. lol. how hard was it to keep it a secret?

Delainey said...

Thank you ladies! We decided to keep it a secret because we thought that if our families knew we were already married none of our families (which is like everyone) would come from out of town.

It was so hard to keep a secret, by the end I started telling some friends and coworkers. haha

Casey said...

The girl with you in the second photo to last in the red dress looks SO familiar - is she from Orange County??