Thanks to my girl Staci at Random Ramblings of a Military Wife I have received another Blogger Award! The Versatile Blogger Award to be exact!
So as the rules go, I must divulge 7 facts about me and pass this lovely award on. So let's begin!
1. I have a weird phobia of peanut butter. I am almost certain if I eat it, it will kill me (which, theoretically, any food I eat COULD in fact kill me. There is always a chance that I will choke to death on tomatoes [my favorite food]. Then how ironic would that be?), therefore I will NEVER eat it or anything containing the vile, woman killing, substance.
2. I am a Seventh Day Adventist. Most ask, "What the heck is that?!". Well, the main difference between the SDA church and any other Christian denomination is the fact that our day(s) of rest and worship is from Friday at sundown to Saturday at sundown. The reason for this is because the Romans changed the calendar from Sunday-Saturday to Monday-Sunday. If Romans did not change the calendar the Sabbath (the 7th day, when God rested) would be a Saturday. Hence, the Saturday worship. We also emphasize good health and overall wellness so promote this by our many medical schools and hospitals across the country, most notably Loma Linda University. Fun Fact: John Kellogg, founder of the Kellogg brand (and yes Corn Flakes) was an Adventist.
3. To save some cash, and produce some awesomely clean clothes, I make my own laundry detergent. I know what your thinking, "GIVE ME THE RECIPE", it's right here. It is amazing stuff. I also make my own deodorant (Alcohol + Spray Bottle = Deodorant, interesting huh? And it works!). Most people would call me cheap, but I prefer the term "money conscientious".
4. Speaking on my frugality, I don't ever shop for myself. Of course I buy the necessities but clothes, shoes, accessories etc. not so much. I don't like spending money on myself and if I do, it is for a vacation or some fun adventure.
5. I still sleep with the same stuffed animal that I have had since birth. He is a bear named Puffy/Puff-a-Luff. He is a bear that is all deflated, drawn on and still has and rattle in him but I can NEVER let him go (I am so attached, I don't think I'll even give him to my first born.).
6. As much as I threaten to leave California and move elsewhere where the cost of living is cheaper and the people are "real", I secretly never want to (Oops, secret's out). Orange County is all I know, and, well, I love it here. Occasionally you find the rude, fake, money driven individuals, but there are also amazing, smart and caring people around these parts. Not to mention it is a great place to raise a family. But I guess it's not up to me, it's up to the Navy where we plant our roots.
7. I LIVE for Black Friday. It is my favorite time of year, hands down! I am that person who looks up all the sales and maps out my plan of attack 2 weeks before this wonderful day. I wake up at 3am, wait in lines and nonchalantly knock over a children who stand in my way. Just kidding, I have yet to be that person you read about in the paper that is getting in a fight over an item (Although, that may happen this year because I will be buying a TV, so I have to be prepared to beat someone down [if need be])
So now I shall pass on this award to:
Amber at Goodnight Moon
Via at Cloud Nine and Counting
Brittney at A Day In the Life of a Navy Wife