Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things We Learned in the Dominican Republic

Our honeymoon was a blasty blast. The Dominican Republic is so beautiful and HOTTT but I loved the heat and humidity. Our resort was huge and beautiful, wild peacocks, chickens, ducks and lots of tropical birds were roaming around. Lush landscaping lined all the pathways, there was 3 major pools and small pools in every building. We were literally 2 steps from the white sandy beach and the turquoise water. Oh ANDDD did I mention the resort was all inclusive? Free food and drinks 24/7. Gah it was paradise! We did get a little bit sick the last couple of days (Dominican water consumption?) but it was still a great trip! And before I share pictures with you all I would like to leave you with a few things we learned while overseas.

1. When you go to the DR and you look like me *cough* black, everyone will think you can speak Spanish. Luckily I can vaguely understand but when I answer in English they get that WTF look on their face. SOOOO, speaking Spanish is key!

2. Bring EXTRA sunblock. I am serious, the sun is kickin' down there! We went through our whole bottle in 3 days. If you do not bring enough sunblock you will be forced to buy sunblock on the resort for $40 like we did (and yes that is $40 AMERICAN dollars).

3. Free bar = Party time! (I am sure all of you know that!)

4. Swimming with dolphins at first is TERRIFYING! Those are really big creatures but they are the cutest things on the planet AND after a while they become your BFF.

5. Everyone there is SUPER friendly! I loved it. Be prepared to make lots of Dominican friends, take shots with your waiter AND talk about Obama haha.

And now it's picture time!
(for some reason the pics look a tad blurry, click on them and they will become bigger and clear)

 View from the room! 
Hello ocean!

The beautiful lobby

 We spent many hours on the beach

 Unlimited amounts of Coke in a bottle!

 My handsome husband!

The main pool with the swim-up bar

 
 
Swimming with Dolphins!

 This is Herbert our dragon. (We built lots of "sandfriends")

 Fancy tree

 Hearts

 This palm tree was so skinny. It made no sense!


 Haha, he was not supposed to grab the turtles

 This is globby, and he likes coke...



 Our last day


Photobucket

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm so jealous, it looks absolutely beautiful there! And the pictures with the dolphins, super cute!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Myy Goodness. That looks so amazing. Tell me why I lived in Hawaii two years and never swam with dolphins... Looks like you had a ton of fun.