1. When you go to the DR and you look like me *cough* black, everyone will think you can speak Spanish. Luckily I can vaguely understand but when I answer in English they get that WTF look on their face. SOOOO, speaking Spanish is key!
2. Bring EXTRA sunblock. I am serious, the sun is kickin' down there! We went through our whole bottle in 3 days. If you do not bring enough sunblock you will be forced to buy sunblock on the resort for $40 like we did (and yes that is $40 AMERICAN dollars).
3. Free bar = Party time! (I am sure all of you know that!)
4. Swimming with dolphins at first is TERRIFYING! Those are really big creatures but they are the cutest things on the planet AND after a while they become your BFF.
5. Everyone there is SUPER friendly! I loved it. Be prepared to make lots of Dominican friends, take shots with your waiter AND talk about Obama haha.
And now it's picture time!
(for some reason the pics look a tad blurry, click on them and they will become bigger and clear)
View from the room!
The beautiful lobby
We spent many hours on the beach
Unlimited amounts of Coke in a bottle!
My handsome husband!
The main pool with the swim-up bar
Swimming with Dolphins!
This is Herbert our dragon. (We built lots of "sandfriends")
This palm tree was so skinny. It made no sense!
Haha, he was not supposed to grab the turtles
This is globby, and he likes coke...
Our last day