Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wedding MADNESS!

I am blogging more than once in a week! Aren't you proud?

Well, we are really starting to throw this wedding planning into full gear (and by we I don't mean me and T, I mean me and my sister Ashley. T is normally like, "Sounds good to me". I know he means the best, but a little input would be nice. ANYHOW...)

So, since we decided NOT to spend tons of money on our wedding, our special day is going to be a DIY ADVENTURE! Apart of that DIY madness we will be flower arranging.

To practice my sister and I went our and bought a bunch of silk flowers and made some bouquets.

My sister is AMAZING! She really worked her magic and it makes me super excited to arrange the flowers our selves, although it is going to be tons of work.

Which brings me to my next point, should we buy fresh or silk flowers for the wedding? I really need your opinion. The upside with the silk flowers is that we would have more time to make the arrangements, where as with the fresh flowers we would have to make the arrangements all a day before. Also, with the silk we won't have to refrigerate them.

P.S If we did do silk flowers we would still do the bouquets and boutonnieres in fresh flowers, just the table centerpieces would be silk.

Your opinions? I NEEEEED THEM!

KISSES!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

When we thought we were having the formal wedding in 2010, me and the Mr decided on silk flowers. I still think I will do the same when we actually do get to have the formal wedding. Anyways...silk was cheaper, and if people really liked the center pieces they could take them home and it wouldn't die on them, plus the whole since we were doing them ourselves, we had more time with silk flowers. I also wanted to do the bouquets with the silk flowers. My sister-in-law talked me into that. She showed me bouquets she saved from a wedding she was in that were silk, and I loved them. So I will probably be doing silk for the formal wedding, but really it's whatever you like best. :)

Jeanna said...

I say go for the silk! I'm not very DIY savy so we're doing fresh... but it's SO expensive. and They die eventually. You can re use silk for different things and i've heard they photograph beautifully! so excited for y'all!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely go with the silk flowers. I helped a friend's sister do the bouquets for her wedding, and they did fresh. They were beautiful, but they all had to be done the day before the wedding, and they didn't look as fresh the next day. Doing the arrangements yourself is definitely a fun experience! Good luck with all the planning!! :)

KiKi said...

definitely silk flowers!! wedding planning is so much funnnnnn!! i never got to do it :( we did a jop wedding. good luck with the planning mama. if you need any help let me know, i'm willing to help as much as i can :)