Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh, we reunite again.

Well, I must say, I am awful at this whole blogging thing (not like any people read this anyway, but if you do 1. Thanks for reading and 2. I will become a better blogger I promise.) Anyhow, I figured to update this while my Zucchini Bread was in the oven, or toaster oven, seeing that the real oven has been broken for almost 2 years now. Who would think nobody makes 30 inch gas ovens anymore, but that is neither here nor there. I've been getting even better at baking and cooking since TJ has left and now I have a few awesome recipes up my sleeve. My Zucchini bread I think is the best bread I have made so far. It's perfect, sweet but not too sweet, nice and moist in the middle and perfect for rainy day, more like stormy and tornado-y day for you fellow Orange County-ers =]

Mom's Zucchini Bread:

Ingredients

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 1 cup chopped walnuts


Directions:

1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

Try it! It is the easiest and tastiest zucchini bread!

P.S I am not a great enough baker to come up with this recipe on my own, but it is definitely a yummy treat thanks to allrecipes.com


Well, I guess I found one upside to TJ's deployment. I've learned how to bake from scratch!

See you all soon <3

No comments: